Make some part of the forum private?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make some part of the forum private?

Maybe admins should make some topics in the forum, private, only registered members can see it? Especially the graphics area (Exclusive themes), tutorials, etc.. What do you think?

I agree, good idea.

Comment

I think parts of the forum should be closed to hostees only. Maybe require them to tell which site they have hosted here.

Comment

The old FSO forum was only for members so maybe the whole forum should be closed.

Comment

I agree. Especially have the exclusive themes area locked/protected.

Comment

If one of the 2 admins want to create a closed section I am fine with that, I do not want the entire board to be closed however.

In order for "members only" to see that section it requires a lot more "babysitting" of the accounts at the board. For example someone would have to verify what accounts are actual hostees and what accounts don't have a fansite here. I simply don't have time for this and never will most likely. The 2 admins have my permission to add more mods/admins/etc. to help maintain a more complicated membership only area.

Comment

Actually, if one of the admins wants we can make the entire "webmasters" section for verified members only. I do think I would like the General Forum moved to an open forum (its own).

Be sure to setup the member groups properly and verify the members before setting that section to private otherwise everyone will get cut off from the board! Also create a subforum on FFH Network that says "Request Access to Members Ssection" so new members have a place to post after they signup to gain access (and so they realize a hidden section even exists!!)

Comment

I'll be happy to help with managing the exclusivity of something like that.
                s. carpenterl. michele (cs) ♦ l. meester (cs) ♦ collective
                "The best revenge is bettering yourself."

- Zacky Vengeance

Comment

A 'private' section is a good idea. With discussions outside the public view is a good idea

Comment

Working...
                  X